– Stakeholders at a TCE-impacted site required conclusive evidence of TCE degradation and suspected that multiple sources of TCE may exist at the site. CSIA conclusively demonstrated that TCE degradation had occurred at several locations at the site.
– CSIA was performed to conclusively demonstrate that TCE, cis-DCE and vinyl chloride degradation had occurred at several locations at the site giving the client confidence in the selected treatment strategy.
– Stakeholders at a TCE-impacted site were concerned about elevated cis-DCE and vinyl chloride concentrations relative to ethene. CSIA was performed to make conclusive determination.
• During site assessment of a TCE site, compound specific isotope analysis (CSIA) did not demonstrate TCE or cis-DCE degradation, consistent with CENSUS qPCR results indicating low concentrations of Dehalococcoides (DHC).
• Multiple lines of evidence increased stakeholder confidence in full-scale treatment.